Episode 4: Are we scouting or adulting? Is there a difference?
In Episode 4 of The Rebel Devs Podcast, the usual gang of misfits plus a guest (James Glass) discuss the VeeamOn Conference and the many parallels between Scouting and real life.
- Introduce James Glass
- Jonah is looking forward to:
- A-Z Automation Journey with Maurice & Joe
- Designing Microsoft 365 backup for Scale
- Tom is looking forward to:
- 007 Pool Time
- Session: Eight common mistakes
- CDP/Object Storage
- Attendance predictions for the in-person portion?
- 12a release date?
- Scouts’ learnings
- Assuming Positive Intent
- Scouting EDGE vs Construction Industry PDCA
- Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing (FSNP)
- Five motivational factors
- James Glass
- Scouting effect on Adults
- Leadership training
- Adult vs. Youth
- Relationship between Scouting and Adult life
- The real value of scouting and the growth of others
- Scouting leads to high-value humans
- Project Management
- “You may not accomplish your goal but you can still be successful if you follow the process and have a solid plan”
- “Documentation should be well enough that another team member can execute your playbook.”
- “You learn more from adversity than smooth sailing”
Don’t Forget! Mention hashtag #RebelDevs or #RebelDevsPodcast when reaching out to Different Dev for 5% off a Veeam Optimization Review or Reduced Rate professional services.